Sunday, August 17, 2008

Explanation

As of today, it has been exactly 26 days, 4 days shy of 1 month, since I first stepped foot on Brazilian soil (which is in fact red not brown). During this short time, I have experienced more than I could have possibly imagined. But before I go too far into the wonders of Brazil, I have to clarify something.
My first blog, though truthfully written during my flight, was posted quite after the fact, as I only decided to start a blog yesterday (the 16th of August) and I arrived in Brazil on the 22nd of July.


Fortunately however, I have been keeping a daily record of my personal experiences, excursions, thoughts and feelings throughout my time here, which I will post soon and then begin posting a new blog weekly.
What I also think needs clarification, is the reason why I have decided to – as I stated in my first blog – leave everyone and everything I have ever known to spend one year alone on an entirely different continent.
For those of you who don’t know,
my name is Jessica Danielle
and I am an International Rotary Youth Exchange Student.

No comments: